With all the options available, it’s important that you receive the information you need to choose what’s best for you. In addition to that vital information, we offer all methods of birth control. We can provide you with long acting birth control options, including
- The intrauterine device (IUD)
- The implant: Implanon® (the new implant in your arm).
- Up to 3 years of contraception
- We also offer the contraceptive patch, the vaginal ring, oral contraception (”the pill”), and the Depo-provera shot.
- Permanent sterilization for women
- Essure® , the new “no-incision” female sterilization technique is offered at our clinic and at the UNM day surgery site
- Traditional tubal ligation (“tying the tubes”) is offered at the UNM day surgery site.
- We also offer family planning consults for women with medical problems or who have had trouble finding an acceptable method.
- Vasectomy permanent sterilization for men (link to vasectomy tab)